Here it is folks, the long awaited recipe for this DE-licious Mac & Cheese recipe. I’m not kidding when I say this stuff is Ah-mazing.
Container equivalents (per serving)
Calories (per serving): 245
4 oz. dry whole wheat macaroni (or pasta)
4 tsp. organic grass-fed butter (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
2 Tbsp. unbleached almond milk
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/4 cups freshly grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups cooked chopped chicken breast, boneless, skinless
4 cups chopped broccoli florets, steamed
1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. (Do not use salt or oil if suggested in directions.) Set aside
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add flour; cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until brown (don’t let it burn).
4. Slowly whisk in almond milk; cook, whisking constantly for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it thickens and there are no lumps.
5. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese; cook, whisking constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until melted.
6. Add chicken, broccoli, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until heated through.
7. Serve immediately.
Use quinoa pasta and gluten-free flour if you’re following a gluten-free lifestyle.
•Asparagus, green beans, or brussels spouts can be substituted for broccoli.
•A combination of cheeses like cheddar and Gouda, cheddar and Monterey jack, and cheddar and Asiago can be substituted for sharp cheddar.