As promised, below is the recipe for tonight’s tasty dinner – brown rice bowls!
I hope your family loves it as much as mine did.
Brown rice bowl
- 4 cups Brown rice, cooked
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 medium sized zucchinis
- Spinach (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook brown rice and set aside, keep warm.
- Prep chicken breast by lightly coating in olive oil. Season one side with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a medium-high heated pan, salted side down. Cook for 6 minutes, and season other side with salt and pepper. Flip chicken, cook for another 6 minutes. (6 minutes each side. Adjust time as needed for larger breasts.)
- In another pan, heat to medium-high and coat with olive oil. Place zucchini, chopped, in pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook through, until soft. Approx. 6-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, layer brown rice, chopped chicken breast, zucchini, spinach, cherry tomatoes, halved, and avocado. Serve and enjoy!